Bambu PA6-CF is a carbon fiber reinforced PA6 (Nylon 6) filament. The carbon fiber reinforcement provides significantly high stiffness and strength properties in dry environments and maintains exceptional heat resistance and impact resistance. Similar to other Bambu CF Filaments, these outstanding mechanical properties make it an ideal choice for printing fixtures, clamps, automotive and mechanical components and various structural and engineering parts that used in dry environments.
Superior Strength and Stiffness
As a new member of Bambu high performance filaments, PA6-CF keeps superior stiffness and strength properties in dry environments, it is perfect for printing load-bearing structural components.
|Normal PA-CF||PA6-CF||Improved %|
|Strength (Bending Strength - XY, dry state)||128 MPa||151 MPa||18%|
|Stiffness (Bending Modulus - XY, dry state)||4420 MPa||5460 MPa||24%|
Impact & Vibration Resistance
Bambu PA6-CF offers excellent impact resistance, ensuring effective vibration resistance for your prints. It is commonly used to print models that need to withstand impact, collision, and vibration.
* The prints of PA6-CF will be tougher after putting in humid environment more than 1 day.
Exceptional Thermal Resistance
|Filament||PLA Basic||PETG Basic||ABS||ASA||PC||PA6-CF||PAHT-CF||PET-CF|
|Heat Deflection Temperature / ℃ (0.45 MPa)||57 ℃||69 ℃||87 ℃||100 ℃||117 ℃||186 ℃||194 ℃||205 ℃|
Learn more different filaments comparison on Bambu Filament Guide >>
|Composition||Nylon 6, carbon fiber||Nylon 6, carbon fiber||PA12 and other long-chain PA, carbon fiber|
|Dry Out Before Use||Required||Required||Required|
|Printing Speed||< 100 mm/s||< 100 mm/s||< 100 mm/s|
|Toughness (Impact Strength - XY, dry state)||35.7 kJ/m²||40.3 kJ/m²||57.5 kJ/m²|
|Toughness (Impact Strength - XY, wet state)||65.4 kJ/m²||57.2 kJ/m²||62.3 kJ/m²|
|Strength (Bending Strength - XY, dry state)||141 MPa||151 MPa||125 MPa|
|Strength (Bending Strength - XY, wet state)||67 MPa||95 MPa||115 MPa|
|Layer Strength (Bending Strength - Z, dry state)||72 MPa||80 MPa||61 MPa|
|Layer Strength (Bending Strength - Z, wet state)||31 MPa||45 MPa||49 MPa|
|Stiffness (Bending Modulus - XY, dry state)||4870 MPa||5460 MPa||4230 MPa|
|Stiffness (Bending Modulus - XY, wet state)||1890 MPa||3560 MPa||3640 MPa|
|Layer Adhesion (Impact Strength - Z, dry state)||11.6 kJ/m²||15.5 kJ/m²||13.3 kJ/m²|
|Heat Resistant（HDT, 0.45 MPa）||177 ℃||186 ℃||194 ℃|
|Saturated Water Absorption Rate / % (25 °C，55% RH)||3.80||2.35||0.88|
|Build Plate||Engineering Plate, High Temperature Plate or Textured PEI Plate||Cool Plate|
|Hotend||Hardened Steel 0.4 / 0.6 (recommended) / 0.8 mm||Hotend with Stainless Steel Nozzle (all size)
Hotend with Hardened Steel Nozzle (0.2 mm)
Bambu Liquid Glue
|Recommended Printing Settings|
|Drying Settings before Printing||80 °C, 8 - 12 h|
|Printing and Keeping Container's Humidity||< 20% RH (Sealed, with Desiccant)|
|Nozzle Temperature||260 - 290 °C|
|Bed Temperature (with Glue)||80 - 100 °C|
|Printing Speed||< 100 mm/s|
|Vicar Softening Temperature||212 °C|
|Heat Deflection Temperature||186 °C|
|Melting Temperature||223 °C|
|Melt Index||6.8 ± 0.6 g/10 min|
|Tensile Strength||102 ± 7 MPa|
|Breaking Elongation Rate||5.8 ± 1.6 %|
|Bending Modulus||5460 ± 280 MPa|
|Bending Strength||151 ± 8 MPa|
|Impact Strength||40.3 ± 2.5 kJ/m²|
• Bambu PA6-CF needs proper drying before printing: recommended drying temperature is 80 ℃ for 10 hours in a blast drying oven, or 90 ℃ for 12 hours on heat bed. (Do not exceed 100 ℃ because the spool may melt). For more details, please refer to: Printing tips for Engineering materials on WIKI.
• Bambu PA6-CF will experience a decrease in strength and stiffness after absorbing water,making it not recommended for printing models with high requirements for strength, stiffness, and dimensional stability, especially thin and elongated models. The prints of PA6-CF usually become tougher and more resistant to impacts, drops, and collisions when they get damp, you can dampen and soften the prints in advance if the model requires high toughness.
• When printing a model with support, it is necessary to remove the support structure within 2 hours to prevent it from being difficult to remove after being damp and softened. Please dry the prints and let them cool down if it is difficult to remove the support, and then remove the support in time.
• Fully impregnating the surface of the prints with paint, wax and other water-proof coatings can inhibit water absorption and prevent them from becoming soft.
What's in the Box?
Filament with Spool*1 & Desiccant*1